Monday 29 August 2011

Carrot Cake



While I have no desire to do so professionally, I love baking & cooking & I do so every weekend without fail. A few weeks ago, I decided to take a break & I felt so restless. There was simply something missing.

Been wanting to bake a carrot cake for as long as I can remember. The recipe calls for ingredients measurable in cups & I've always felt that grams would be a more accurate measurement. It turned out pretty well despite it being my 1st attempt. I halved the sugar stated in the recipe & I'm glad I made that decision as the cake was sweet enough as it is. I added orange flavouring & sugar to the cream cheese (to taste), as well as some yellow colouring. By the way, please excuse the photo as I'm a nurse, not a photographer.

No comments:

Post a Comment