Saturday 16 May 2015

Time Of The Month

Not my menses lah! But it's the time of the month where all the bills come, with a due date either end of the month or beginning of next month. I feel kinda broke after paying $132.77 to Telstra for our mobiles, $21.49 to iinet for closing balance & $109.85 to Internode for our broadband. Iinet finally got back to me 1 month after I shot them the complain letter, saying that they'll waive off the $299 land line connection fee. $21.49 is for the internet I used so I still paid up since I did use it for 2 weeks in April. Then, as we're on our 1st month with Internode & Telstra, the opening bill is always higher coz we need to pay an extra month in advance. I'll be vomiting blood next month as well, even more so since my rego & car insurance is due which is going to cost me over a grand. Monthly payment is just not my thing. Besides, it's cheaper to pay by the year. $50 savings here, $40 savings there, over several policies will add up to hundreds of dollars. Thankfully, I've had my busiest fortnight since starting work here, working 9 to 10 hours almost everyday so upcoming pay hopefully will yield $500 more than usual after tax.

Actually, I've been working pretty long hours for several months now. No complains, got work means got money mah. Of course, me time has dwindled down to almost nothing, evidenced by the fact that I've only managed to read 1/4 of the Patricia Cornwell novel I borrowed from the library 1 week after starting on it, contributed by me chasing Masterchef 5 days a week. I've always read in bed before going to sleep. But every night, before I could even read 3 pages, I'll doze off, dropping the book & shocking myself awake.

Of late, I noticed my eyes getting dry, requiring frequent eye drops. I never had this problem, not even during last autumn. I tend to think the worst of any given situation so I thought I must be getting early symptoms of eye problems. In every operating theatre, there'll be a panel telling you the temperature & humidity. Ours is a touch screen panel that goes to sleep with inactivity. A colleague woke up the panel to make adjustments to the temperature & I got my answer as to why I'm having dry eyes. The humidity level in the OT is only 19%, outside air humidity is even lower, 17%. Then on the news last night, the weather forecast for today is possible storm & the humidity is in the mid 20s. So that's why! In Sg, where the humidity is always in the 80s, we will never have this problem. So, nothing wrong with my eyes. Just very dry air. Phew...

No comments:

Post a Comment