Thursday 16 July 2015

Winter Jog

I put on some weight from all that cooking & eating. So despite it being winter, I decided to exercise a little bit. Just a little. Lol. I hate jogging. Never learnt to enjoy it. So I've picked it up countless times & dropped it countless times. I don't know if it's becoz I expect too much or I push too much. I get frustrated when I can't improve my timing or distance despite jogging regularly for 2 months. Probably too short a time to see any real improvements. Then I get lazy & stopped altogether. Knowing my tendency to quit, I just bought the cheapest pants & t-shirt for this latest stint. I love the t-shirt coz it says "Just keep breathing". Actually, winter is the best time to jog for me. In summer, it's way too hot (for me) to jog until the sun is set & you're looking at 7.30 pm or so. Hubs likes to call me a vampire. I don't want any part of my skin exposed to the sun (probably vitamin D deficient). Sun rises at 5 am in summer. No way I'll wake up at 4 am to do it. That's all I wear; a thin t-shirt & a thin pair of cotton pants & my sports undies of course. But once you get going, your body warms up & you don't feel the cold anymore. Besides, there're more things distracting you. Like the desire to stop. Like the chilly wind making your eyes tear.

Before I head out the door, I did some planking & burpees to warm up. I was sitting on my yoga mat today, doing the sit & reach stretch when Mr Think-He's-Very-Funny Ton poked his head under my armpit from behind, climbed over my thigh & sat in front of me, trying to kiss me as I pushed forward. Or I'm sitting cross legged on the floor doing my morning gongyo & he'll plant his ass right on my lap & rests his head in the crook of my arm every single morning without fail. He's so like me in character it's uncanny.

Anyway, I took him along for the jog. The pants are so cheap it doesn't have pockets. I had to stuff my house keys in my running shoes, Ton Ton's poop bag on my waistband, carry my phone in my left hand & leash on my right. I know there're pouch bags you can buy specifically for jogging but like I said, I probably will give it up before long so I don't want to spend more than I can. 1.5 km in 15 mins is very poor timing even if I take into consideration having to stop to pick up poop & pauses becoz Ton Ton refuses to move. But I guess 1.5 km is a good place to start. This is the 2nd jog this week. Hopefully I won't give it up before we hit 5 km.

3 comments:

  1. I cannot jog; so I cycle. I try to do 4 days a week, and winter is the best time for this - really enjoyable. Don't like summer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not very confident when it comes to cycling esp when my feet can't touch the ground at a stop. I also don't dare to cycle on the road. So guess I can only do it recreationally rather than as a form of exercise.

      Delete
  2. Cool! It takes a lot to jog in wintery cold air.
    Jogging is great to keep our bodies warm!

    ReplyDelete