Thursday 20 March 2014

Idle Ramblings

Sharon was telling me yesterday that an ex-colleague was pestering her for information about me, gloating about the fact that I've not been able to land a job in Australia. (Sharon is also my ex-colleague though I consider her to be a friend.) Naturally, I was peeved. During my degree days, not wanting to ask me directly, she would pester another colleague for my results. I had to ensure I put in sufficient efforts to get straight distinctions coz it was my ticket to Australia. Upon knowing that my results were better than hers, she would pass comments like, "Can pass can already. I'm not aiming for high score anyway." Sure, I make comparisons all the time but not to this extend. Comparison is justifiable only when using it to propel yourself to greater heights. Of course, I've already gotten over it. But it all the more certain make me want to prove myself, that I'm capable of success & that I'm not returning to SG with my tail between my legs.

We've finally made the booking a one way ticket milestone. I had no choice but to book it for 2nd May due to delays with Ton Ton's export. I was instructed to get vaccination & microchipping done for him. So I brought him for normal vaccination when in fact he requires rabies shot as well. The personnel only told me as I made a trip to Pet Movers last week. Ton can only go for blood tests 1 month after the rabies shot & another 2 weeks wait for the results before he's cleared for export. Dang! So for those looking to bring dogs over, remember the normal & rabies vaccinations.

I've gotten my passport changed & now realised what a hassle it is to update the Australian Immigration Dept. Printing & filling up the form is not a problem at all. Photocopying the passport & get it certified true copy is. Travelling to CBD just to get a signature & stamp gets to me coz it means spending 1.5 hrs on the road just to get there. Grr... My only comfort is that once this is settled, I don't have to worry about my passport for another 5 years.

I was just thinking, if the value of our flat at the end of the 99 year lease is 0, shouldn't we sell it soon? So in reality, there are no assets in SG. Having a flat is a liability since the value will just dwindle away. Something to really consider...

No comments:

Post a Comment