Saturday 1 March 2014

Peace & Gratitude

I was on the bus, on my way to meet my NYP mates & it got me thinking. I stared out the window, enjoying & really seeing the scenery as it passed by. I was no longer in the board-the-bus-grab-a-seat-fall-asleep stupor like I was in my sleep deprived days. This was the most significant improvement in my life after quitting my job & thereby getting sufficient sleep at night. I have more energy, I eat better (becoz I actually have time to plan my meals) & definitely happier despite the nagging worry from the lack of income. What I value most is the return of the peace that has eluded me for many years.

Some of us have not met since we graduated which was 11 years ago. Yet the conversations flowed as if time had stood still. I think that's the beauty of true friends. No amount of time passed can dilute the friendship & 感情 between us. The same could be said of a few of my now ex-colleagues. 1 of whom left the company 2 years before I did. Not forgetting my secondary school mates, Jon & Sam, with Jon far far away in Norway.

I'm a socially awkward person. I don't make friends easily as I make people feel uncomfortable with my silence. Therefore, I'm filled with gratitude to have made true friends at various stages of my life & I'm forever thankful that these people have honour me with their friendship.

No comments:

Post a Comment