Sunday 14 June 2015

Chef Manu's Paella

I'm on half day today. Well, not quite as I finished at 2.15 pm. Actually, the cases finished at 11.15 am. But I had to clean the trolley I'm in charge of for the audit on Wednesday. We don't have a list tomorrow & Monday's a PH. I can't do it on Tuesday as we have a long list which will take us to at least 6 pm.

Hubs requested that I cook paella. Since I knocked off early, I decided to oblige. I used the food processor I bought few weeks ago for the 1st time. Nice. Like I said, I love my kitchen toys. I also used the Flavorstone pan I bought months ago but 舍不得用. It's alright flavour wise but I find that 料多过饭. Worse, I didn't manage to achieve a perfect crusty bottom. But we have leftovers & hubs get to bring it for lunch. He told me he need not envy his colleagues who brings rice to work (becoz they have someone cooking for them every night) tomorrow. 讲到很惨这样。Lol.

It bothers me a lot when I don't get a dish perfect. Not that I watch too much MasterChef or MKR. That's just me. In all aspects of my life, if I can't excel, I rather not start. But once I start, I will expect perfection of myself. So when it comes to cooking, I will keep at it until I achieve perfection. In Sg, I never had the time. Now, I shall make up for lost time. So tomorrow, I'll practice pasta making & use the excess sauce to toss pasta in.

No comments:

Post a Comment