Friday 19 June 2015

Where Have You Gone Winter?

Winter is late. This time last year, I was already wearing a fleece jacket over my camisole at home. Shorts were shoved to the back of the closet, with long pants taking their place. Showering had already become really uncomfortable when you have to turn off the water in between soaping. Gas heater had to be turned on when nights were especially cold. All that happened during late autumn last year.

We're 2 quarters of the way past June & the daily minimum temperatures are still mid teens. Even the rains are late. It's starting but it'll probably take a while to gain momentum. I wonder if that'll mean spring will be delayed as well.

2 comments:

  1. I migrated here in 1981. Each winter can be very different, for example, the last 2 or 3 have been quite wet. Before that the last 5 or so were quite dry. It seems to me (but remember that memory can play tricks) the winters of 30 years ago were much wetter than nowadays.

    Global warming?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I must be very lucky then to have a wet winter last year when I had to tend to a lawn.

      Delete