Thursday 3 September 2015

Part Time Vs Full Time

Today, my manager asked if I will be interested converting to full time rather than my 30 hours a week part time position. If they offered it to me right at the beginning, I would have taken it. I work full time hours as it is, some weeks slightly over 30 hours, some weeks slightly over 40. It balances itself out. I get paid overtime when I exceed 8 hours of work a day (which is quite frequent by the way, probably 3 to 4 times a week).

Switching to full time means I get a constant salary. I'll get paid the same amount every month. If I do work over time, it will be accumulated till I've got enough hours to get a day off. If I don't hit 38 hours working in theatre, I'll have to be deployed out to the clinic. Not such a good deal to me. Until they make it compulsory, I'll stick to my part time arrangement.

No comments:

Post a Comment