Saturday 19 December 2015

Difference Between Weight Losses

I've lost 6 kg to date. Like I've mentioned, the entire loss came from fats alone. This is a vast difference from my multiple attempts at weight loss in the past. I used to achieve weight loss by dieting alone aka calories restriction. The weight loss that followed was a combination of fats & muscles loss. I didn't realise how much difference it made until Sharon pointed out that I looked like I lost a lot of weight. My response was, "It's only 6 kg." So I went & dug out this old photo of me from over 6 years ago. I can't remember how much I weigh then, probably about 59 kg. I know I dropped to 57 kg when I met hubs just few weeks later.

Left: 59 kg, 6 years ago.
Right: 61 kg now.
Goodness me! Putting the 2 pictures side by side, the differences are obvious. I definitely look slimmer now, especially on my face. I haven't worn that orange dress in 6 years. Seeing this photo prompted me to go try it out. I can wear it again! But best if I wait till I lose a bit more coz when I sit down, the gaps between the buttons are pretty pronounced. Other than weight loss, exercise also gave me lots of other benefits. This is definitely the way to go.

I haven't pushed to do a full 5 km jog on my Ironman training this week becoz I wanted to go home earlier. But I'll definitely give it a shot next week. During my routine training yesterday, I had completed my resistance training & had just started jogging when I felt, in Singlish terms, "How come like no kick?" The beauty of jogging on a treadmill is having an even gradient & constant speed. When I 1st started, I was jogging at a pace of 7 km/hr. At 4 weeks, I've increased that to 7.5 km/hr. So I thought, "Alright, I'll put it up to 8 km/hr to see how it'll go." I completed my usual 3 km at that pace. It's actually quite enjoyable. Doable yet enough "kick". 

I do feel lazy most days where I feel like just heading home to rest. But once I get started, I just want to keep going. Knowing that, I still go to the gym even when I don't feel like it. But once I hit my 3 times a week, I allow myself to rest the other 2 days coz I do have yoga on Sat to make up for it. But yeah, it's great. I hated exercising. Seriously. But if I can come to enjoy it, I think everyone can. Give it a try. 

No comments:

Post a Comment