Wednesday 29 October 2014

Serendipity

It's a pleasant surprise to find what it is you thought you've lost forever. Even more so if it is something of sentimental value. During the pot luck session held at P & J's place 2 Saturdays ago, their "antique" wooden duck was made available for the kids to play. It was I think either thrown or dropped & a portion of its leg broke off. The duck has been with them for I think decades & hence its antique status.

The broken piece was found & placed on the table together with the duck. Sometime later, J realised that the broken piece was missing. The last couple who stayed with us till the end helped looked everywhere for it. Under the sofa, in the garden, to no avail. The piece was deemed lost forever.

Fast forward 1.5 weeks. I had just finished my morning prayers & was tidying my bag before I leave for work. My bag is 1 of those without any compartments so everything gets messed up as I move around. It was then I spotted this small brown longish thing at the bottom of my bag & I thought, "What IS that?" (I was scared to death that it might be a caterpillar or something.) I took it out for a closer examination & the bulb in my head lit up. Immediately, I texted J that I found the missing portion of the duck's leg. I think 1 of the kids must have taken it from the table & dropped it in my bag for fun's sake.

Fortunately, J hasn't thrown the duck away. It wouldn't work properly with the broken leg. Hopefully, once the broken piece is reattached, the duck will waddle like it used to.

1 comment:

  1. My little one did that with a remote control.
    Glad it was found by my cousin the next day, in her bag...
    =)

    ReplyDelete