Monday 29 December 2014

1st Birthday In Perth

Yesterday marked the 1st birthday spent in Perth. Weather was hot, hot, hot. But we still made a trip to Margaret River Chocolate Factory in Swan Valley. We're not big on wines, especially me, who hardly enjoy any form of alcohol. Hence, the multitude of vineyards & wineries are lost on me. We set off pretty late, at 2 pm. Otherwise we could have visited a few more places like the honey or cheese factory. Besides, truffles don't keep very well in the heat.

Unfortunately, while it was another day of life for me, it was the loss of many in the ill fated Air Asia flight. When I saw the report shared by friends on FB, I could hardly believe my eyes. I thought, "Is this for real? Another 1?" (There're lots of junk on FB & many of these so called deaths are fake.) But alas, it is real & we all know that once a plane has lost contact with the air traffic control, it usually bodes doom.

I thought to my impending travel trips to Sg & back in March. 4 flights in the space of 2 weeks. Will we be able to land safely at our destination every single time? If I die, who will look after Ton Ton? I don't know when my time will be up. But I do believe that everyday that we're alive means there's still a purpose to be fulfilled.

人生无常。不要忘了感恩。要多多珍惜。

We got home from our field trip, I made dinner & had a Panettone that was on sale at half price (coz Christmas was over) as a birthday "cake". Not forgetting to water the lawn which is starting to die again for reasons unknown to me. It can't be due to the lack of water since I'm so diligent with the watering. Of course, Ton Ton had to endure my daily pranks on him as well. So, there ends 28th December, my 31st birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment