Monday 1 December 2014

1st Day Of Summer

The 1st day of summer ushered in an unfortunate cockroach who spilled its guts on the pavers out in the patio after I slapped my slipper down on it. HARD. We're also starting to develop a problem that we didn't have during the cooler seasons. A maggoty bin. The lid's always shut so I wonder how the flies manage to get in to lay eggs. High risk trash are now being double bagged. Bin is sprayed with bleach every now & then. Hopefully we'll never have to endure the horror of a bin full of maggots again.

Been manually watering the lawn regularly after work. Reticulation days are Tuesdays & Saturdays. I've taken to setting it on everyday for the back lawn but I still hose the dead patches that the reticulation obviously missed & the grass's starting to grow back. Meanwhile, the rest of the back lawn is now green & lush with the constant supply of water & my fortnightly fertilization. Since I can't leave the front lawn's reticulation on everyday, I'm manually (really manually) watering it with a 9L watering can. It requires 4 refills to cover the whole lawn. Hopefully I can maintain it still with the arrival of summer & its high temperatures. It literally takes 1 day to die but months to green back.

I've given Ton a shave over the weekend in preparation for the weather & he looks completely like an alien. Small body, big head. Actually he doesn't. It's just his beard that makes his head look big. He's not bothered by his appearance & continues going about his day merrily. There's a lot for me to learn from him. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment