Thursday 11 December 2014

"Exciting" Happenings

I've been working late these 2 weeks. But then, I can't really say it's late coz it's considered early compared to when I was still in Sg. Good thing is, when you're knocking off at 6.30 pm, the roads are clear & it's smooth traffic all the way home. Just that by the time I reach home at 7.30 pm, I have just enough time to have dinner, shower, feed Ah Ton & let him out (not necessarily in that order) before I have to rush into bed. So I haven't been reading Under The Dome at all except for 200 odd pages last weekend. That brings me halfway through the book. I'll need to do a renewal this Sat.

Last Friday night, we went to the newly opened Spud Shed in Innaloo. Took 45 mins to drive there (45 mins to drive to anywhere from Ellenbrook it seems). While there're some Supa IGA that opens 24 hours, Spud Shed boasts lower prices. I bought mangoes for 69 cents each, a big bunch of kale for 99 cents, Connoisseur ice cream for $2.99 per box (Coles selling the exact same thing for $7.99). Bananas were $2+ per kg compared to $5 in Coles (now gone down to $4+ per kg). So you get my drift. The Spud Shed in Wanneroo is closer but they're not open 24 hours. I was so excited the moment I stepped into the store. Like setting a kid free in a candy store.

Ton Ton had a bout of diarrhea on Tuesday. I'm not sure what happened. Must be something really strong coz dogs have super acidic stomach & they don't get food poisoning so easily. This must be his 2nd or 3rd time in the 9 years I've had him. He woke me up at 12.40 am yesterday & I knew he had to go. He never wakes me up in the middle of the night unless it was something important. I was in a hurry to let him out so I was freezing out there in just my camisole & shorts. I fixed it with my usual remedy: yoghurt on empty stomach & porridge for meal.

I left newspaper on the floor for him since we were both at work. He had 1 more episode of diarrhea on the newspaper I laid out for him but must have accidentally stepped on it. There were diarrhea paw prints from the kitchen newspaper to the front door newspaper. I think he was trying to wipe his dirty paw on the clean newspaper. Smart boy. No more diarrhea since yesterday afternoon but I'll keep an eye on him.

While going out to water my herb pots, I noticed a wasp flying around the patio. I followed its flight path & saw a nest the size of my palm on the patio's roof. Has it been there for a while? I haven't noticed it despite going out the back to water the lawn everyday. As it was already 7 pm, I have to call pest control tomorrow. It's gonna be another expense. Gosh!

Just about all the "exciting" happenings lately. I'm having a day off tomorrow. Just as well now that we have a wasps problem & I'll be home if they can make it tomorrow. I better not go out the back lest I be stung.

No comments:

Post a Comment