Friday 27 February 2015

Just As I Have Sowed, So Shall I Reap

How did we end up in this rental situation anyway? So the story goes...

We were making final preparations to move to Perth a year ago. We didn't know anyone except for hub's friend who migrated here 8 years ago. Upon knowing that we're migrating here as well, they offered a room for us to stay till we could find a rental. At the same time, their friend, my landlords, were putting up their house for private rental. I had been on realestate.com for the months prior to our move just to suss the market out. While there're no lack of rental houses, the moment you check the Pets Allowed box, the search results dwindled down to single digits. After filtering out the supposedly pets allowed rentals but in actual fact, allowed cats only, our choices were very limited.

While still in Sg, my landlords sent us photos of the house via private messages on FB. There was no lawn. Just sand everywhere. We didn't commit at that stage coz it was April & we had a month more to go. When we got here, we went to view the house in person. The sand was no longer sand but newly laid lawn. We still have the pictures in FB inbox. Then we found out that to rent here, you need references which of course we didn't have. We needed jobs to prove that we can afford to pay the rent, which again, we didn't have. Or provide proof of a healthy bank balance, which again, we didn't have. (We were down to $6k by the time I landed my job & my bottom line was $5k so that I have enough money to call it quits & buy the tickets back to Sg. That was how desperate we were.) Hubs decided to go ahead & I agreed as we didn't want to continue imposing on our friends who refused to take our money. Of course, who would have expected things to turn out this way?

一开始就错了。So we have no choice but to see it through to the end. Just as I have sowed, so shall I reap. A desperate erroneous decision led to everything that transpired. Who knows? Maybe in my previous life, I was a mean & petty landlord to them. But I am not taught retribution. I am taught that negative karma is my chance to do my human revolution. Yes, I have been negative & I have even gone down to despair. But in retrospect, I really did gain a lot from this experience. Something only has value if you give value to it. So I decided to give it a positive value & view it from a positive light. Anyway, they have made false accusations against us (that I requested for early release) but the truth prevailed. So that in itself is already very fortunate for us. I have so much more to be thankful for.

No comments:

Post a Comment