Sunday 29 November 2015

6 Years Of Couplehood

We've just recently celebrated our 3rd wedding anniversary. Today, we celebrate 6 years of couplehood. So last night, we had yet another degustation, this time at Print Hall, a restaurant in Perth City. Print Hall has won restaurant of the year for a few years consecutively. Going into the city is always a nightmare as we're unfamiliar with the roads & they often split or change into turning lanes which isn't shown on the GPS. Nevertheless, we still reached our destination with 15 mins to spare. It feels a bit like Clark Quay/Orchard. 

When we got there, 1 of the bouncers (yes they have bouncers for the attached bar) showed us to the maitre d. The street where we parked on had broken glass all over. Coupled with the fact that there were bouncers, I reckon they see plenty of rowdy drunks all the time. We were shown to our table in a nice little corner. The dinning room is smallish, probably holds about 20 odd tables for varying group sizes. They offered matching wines for $115 but I knew if I had to drink 7 glasses of wine, I probably would be flat on the floor. 2ndly, I didn't want to consume so much calories. So I ordered just a glass of red.

We could see the bar from where we were sitting & hubs kept telling me that we should come back for their bar food 1 day. The restaurant filled up slowly. I always love to make reservations for dinner at 6 pm, when they open. That way, we'll be served promptly & finish at a decent time. At 7 pm, the restaurant was probably about a quarter full. But by 8 pm, it was mostly full & we were almost to the last course already. I had a dessert wine right at the end to finish off. It really is interesting to taste how different chefs come up with different sort of flavours & combination of ingredients. Next up, Amuse in December. Hehe.

Canapes of cheese & fruit, bread & butter, camel tartare, blue manna crab.

Stinging nettle & potato, pan roasted coral trout, iceburg salad, wood grilled beef sirloin.
Cheese, palate cleanser, desert lime vacherin, raspberry shortbread/marshmallow/jelly.

2 comments:

  1. I've never had a degustation. Wonder if I should go for one? But I always prefer to eat Asian food.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I suspect there may be Asian degustation. I've seen Japanese degustation which is next on my to try list.

      Delete