Tuesday 3 November 2015

Up Up & Away, Stamina!

We only have a half day list today so I thought I'll spend a little bit more time in the gym. Even with the additional sets of exercises, I was done in 1 hr 20 mins. The exercises are starting to get a little bit easier. It makes me happy coz it means my stamina is improving. I guess I'll have to up my reps in the near future. To finish off, I jogged on the treadmill with an initial target of 2.5 km. As I approached the goal distance, I thought that I could probably do more. So I completed 3 km before coming to a stop.

I think there's been a shift of focus in my mind & heart. My 1st gym session was on the 21st Oct, after which, I fell sick & didn't resume until last week. Between then & now, I've only lost 1 kg. Watching the intake carefully & exercising for 2 weeks only produced a loss of 1 kg? If this were me in the past, I would have given up. I really don't know why but unlike in the past, I find these exercise sessions very enjoyable. Of course, I still want to lose the weight. But it's no longer exercising just for the sake of weight loss. Perhaps without unrealistic expectations & a shorter work week (I used to work between 55 to 65 hours a week in Sg) makes it possible for me to enjoy the process. Maybe 1 day I just may be able to attain my long time goal of doing a 10 km run event but I'm probably looking at months of work in progress.

1 step at a time. It's only just the beginning. Heh.

1 comment:

  1. Making improvements already! Keep it up. The key is to enjoy what you're doing.

    ReplyDelete