Monday 2 November 2015

Gym Bunny

That's what my colleagues call me these days even though I've only been to the gym regularly for a week. Everyday after work, I'll head off to the gym. Although I've imposed upon myself a cut off time of 5.15 pm, there was a day I still went even though it was already 5.30 pm. The reason for the cut off time is becoz I don't want to get home too late. If I follow the trainer's exercise plan for me, it'll take me an hour to complete it. Add another hour for me to drive home equates 2 hours. I'll like to be home by 7 pm so my aim is to leave the gym by 6 pm. On days when I couldn't get to the gym before 5 pm, I've been dropping a couple of resistance exercises in favour of an intensive hit of jogging. Erm... well, intensive to me that is.

Over the weekend, I'm trying to jog at least 2 km, with a rowing warm up. I've got this cheapo rower which even on resistance level 1 requires quite a fair bit of effort to pull. Well, at least I've gone from being able to pull only 20 times to the current 50 times. Then, I'll follow the warm up with crunches, planking, more crunches, back raise & finish off with another set of crunches. The last is the jogging part. I've pushed myself a little bit more yesterday, jogging 2.5 km instead of the initial 2 km.

So I've been to the gym 4 times this week, plus 1 session at home. I've lost 1 kg and based on the built in body analyzer in the weighing machine (if it's accurate), the entire 1 kg came from fats. I even gained 2 grams of muscles. Lol. This is exciting news. When I used to severely restrict my calories without exercise, I would lose fats, sure. But I would lose muscles as well since they're the 1st to go as they require more energy to sustain & it's the body's way of self preservation.

I'm looking forward to going back to the gym this week. Although I've requested for a day off today, I didn't go jogging. It was too humid (93% rh) & for some reasons I was nursing a headache from the time I woke up. Somehow, it's also easier to get going straight after work. When I'm at home, I don't feel like heading out. Ok, back to the gym tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment