Tuesday 6 January 2015

热死我了!

It hit 43°c yesterday by 1 pm & remained so for the next few hours. It was made slightly bearable by the evaporative plus the fan that I had blowing at me the entire day. The temperature remained at 35°c even at 8 pm. But I had the evaporative running for more than 12 hours already so we switched it off at 9+ pm.

Seeing hubs sweat while trying to sleep, I turned the fan towards him entirely. (It was blowing half at him & half at me.) He had to work while I don't resume till Thursday. Even if I couldn't sleep, I can still take a nap in the day. Then I flipped myself in the opposite direction so my neck will get some wind while hoping hubs won't kick me in the face as he slept. It was my 1st sleepless night from the heat. Beside me, Ton Ton lay panting away.

3.30 am. It was 23°c outside but I still felt hot & sticky. Hubs had covered himself with the comforter. Who's the freak here? Probably me. Back in Poly days, by the time I was feeling cold, my mates were already freezing to death. The opposite holds true too even till now. When people around me are feeling just nice, I'm already sweating buckets.

2 more months to go before the arrival of autumn. But I suspect the temperature won't start to dip till late March. What marks the true arrival of summer is the summer solstice when the sun is at its highest. That was 21st December. Similarly, true autumn arrives on autumn equinox when the 2 halves of earth have 12 hours of daylight & 12 hours of night time which is on the 20th March.

I just have to keep telling myself to tolerate for 3 months each year. Since I'm wide awake & hubs had left for work, I guess I shall just cook myself some oat porridge for breakfast then.

No comments:

Post a Comment