Tuesday 6 October 2015

Aviation Diaster

It was a clear sunny day. The perfect weather for outdoor activities. We gathered on a grassy field, whipped out our camping chairs, cold beer in hand & sat catching up with a few friends.

A shadow rolled over us & I lifted my head for a look. It was a plane flying by. Something wasn't right. The plane was way too near, way too low. We watched, horrified as the plane rolled belly up to the left. It kept turning. And turning. The pilot seemed to gain a moment of control & righted the plane. Only to over compensate & rolled belly up to the right. They ran out of height. The plane crashed into the field just hundreds of meters from where we were sitting.

I did something I would be ashamed of. I took out my phone & took a picture of the flame engulfed plane. I finally came to my senses & dialed emergency services as we ran towards the wreckage.

The nightmare occured on Saturday morning, just before dawn. I'm fretful of such dreams for fear that they'll come true. I'll never forget my premonition of a dream many years ago, just 1 week before the tsunami hit. I knew it was very near my birthday. When I searched online, it stated that the tsunami hit on 26th Dec 2004. When news broke of the tsunami, I was shocked beyond words.

I had dreamt that I was standing on the beach with my ex (he wasn't my ex at that time). The shoreline suddenly receded with alarming speed. But all of us on the beach just stared. The huge 12 storey high wave came at us just as suddenly. Everybody was screaming. We tried but we knew there was no way we could outrun it. I was swept away & only managed to save myself by hanging onto the top of a coconut tree with my life. When I came to, I was in a straw hut. I remembered my panic. Was my then ex still alive? Were any of my family alive? The uncertainty, the emotions felt so real.

Till now, I've not had another nightmare of such a scale that came true. Who knows where these dreams come from? How do they come true? Coincidence?

2 comments:

  1. Check out "astral premonition". Most of mine are not of major disasters but of personal situations where I was about to make an unwise choice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Google kept giving me Phoebe from Charmed. I love the series but I didn't think it's real.

      Delete