Sunday 11 October 2015

Gym Appraisal

I was early for my appraisal, as I am for pretty much everything in my life. The trainer was doing a circuit class with 1 guy when I got there. I sat outside the group fitness room & spent 20 mins passing time playing games on my phone. Promptly at 8 am, the trainer came to meet me. We spent some time doing measurements before I was given an orientation to the gym. I had to complete a series of tasks which is the main assessment of whether I'm fit enough to join the gym.

I had to cycle on the stationary bike between 85 to 95 rpm until I reached 75% of my maximum heart rate. Then, he taught me a few exercises with weights before going back to the assessment. I had to do crunches for 1 min & plank for 30 seconds. I thought it would be extremely strenuous but it wasn't so. When we got back to the group fitness room, he wrote an exercise plan for me which I will have to follow for 3 times a week. If I can make it to the gym more than that, I am to do cardio for the rest of the week.

Now I'm just waiting for my application to be processed & the gym pass to be given to me. Looks like I'll need to have a gym bag permanently in my locker at work. I can't wait to get started.

3 comments:

  1. Good for you. Best of luck in achieving your goals.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! But I suspect I won't lose weight since I love food so much. But I do wish I can lose at least 15.

      Delete