Saturday 16 August 2014

A Little Bit Of Gardening




There the lone red rose stood. On either side of the red rose are white rose bushes. I've always known they were there as white roses have been blooming since the day we moved in. I was pleasantly surprised to see this lone red rose in bloom when I got back from work yesterday. As you can see, it's most definitely not a bush. (Don't mind the wilted newspaper. It came from my neighbour's house.) I think I might just start taking better care of the plants around the house. On the opposite side of the driveway, are 2 christmas trees. 1 was brown & my landlord told me that it has been that way for a while, most probably dead. The other 1 right beside it is still green & healthy. Recently, I noticed some green returning to the supposedly dead christmas tree. I didn't do anything to it which now made me feel that I should. 

The temperature has been in the 20s for the past week in the day time. So I decided that it's time to start sowing some seeds despite it not being quite spring yet. We bought a few packs of seeds, a pack of potting mix, Seasol & Powerfeed from Bunnings. I'll get to work tomorrow after our movie date. A colleague told me that rose bushes need pruning & I did a search online on how to prune rose bushes. So I'll do that tomorrow as well. 

Called home for almost half an hour today. I broached the topic of having them over for a short visit. September is just round the corner so I won't have enough money saved up. Even if I fly my parents over on a budget airline, the boarding for Wang & Puggy will cost more than the air tickets themselves. The next following months will be unbearably hot so it won't be a good time for them to visit. I suggested next March or April as it'll be cooler yet not enough to be considered cold. Still, it's still more than half a year later, so I can take my time to plan it out. 

The red rose & "dead" christmas tree reinforces the message that no matter how hopeless a situation may seem, things can still turn around. When the conditions are right, miracles will manifest. 

No comments:

Post a Comment