Thursday 14 August 2014

Another Breakthrough

This should be a post written out yesterday but I got home later than usual so I didn't get around to doing it. Yesterday, my CNM asked to have a word with me & my 1st thoughts were, "Oh no. I hope it's not something bad." Always the pessimist. Turned out that she felt that I'm doing well & she wanted to train me as an all rounder. So I'll be able to scrub, scout, do recovery, CSSD, AU & Lasik, basically every section in the day surgery unit. I'll love to be able to do that as it'll increase my value in the company as well as let me gain additional skills. Also, she's increasing my contract hours from 20 to 30 per week. Yay! She said that she knows a good worker when she looks at the resume & even before hiring me, she knew I'll be a good worker. This is the 1st compliment I received without a negative undertone. I can't say I'm good but I'll definitely continue to try my best.

While doing my morning gongyo yesterday, I was thinking of legitimate ways to have my parents come over. I've not done any read up on any of these visas but the ones I could think of were reunion of family visa & investment visa. Yeah, I always allow my mind to drift & sometimes even daydream about the "impossible". I was just daydreaming that if I win 5 million in the lotto, I can bring my parents over on the investment visa. (& I'm not someone who buys lottery.) Then on the way to work, the DJ on the radio announced that the powerball game had snowballed to 50 million dollars. I was thinking to myself, 有那么巧吗?So I told myself that I'll go give it a try after work, buy a ticket or something. Then my CNM announced that she's collecting $10 each for the powerball. Haha. What a coincidence. Anyway, always play responsibly & never more than what you can afford. I'll do more research for a semi-permanent visa for my parents when I'm more stable financially. Something that'll allow them to stay longer per entry rather than the tourist visa.

Temperature is coming up. Makes winter feel exceptionally short. I don't even require the comforter when I sleep at night anymore. I think I might be able to start growing my herbs & chilli even before spring officially begins. I'm thankful for the chance to be here, being able to grow as a person & develop spiritually. As usual, I send a quick thank you into the universe as I gaze upon the night sky.

1 comment:

  1. youre going to get a rude shock on parent pr , takes a year to process, cost roughly AUD45k per parent and an additional AUD10k bond for welfare medicare.

    if im not mistaken you can only apply 2 years after you have been on your pr

    ReplyDelete