Saturday 2 August 2014

Increasing Daylight Hours

The days are getting longer. When I 1st started work, it would still be dark as I drove into the car park & it would be completely dark by 6 pm. Recently, I noticed that the sky has been turning light when I'm leaving home & it's bright enough to see without lights at 6 pm. Winter is coming to an end. Though spring starts on 1st Sept officially.

It's been 13 weeks since we 1st step foot on Aussie ground. I still have no sense of job security. I don't know if I ever will. I guess it stems from my inability to get a job. I know if I lose this current job, I most likely have to go back to SG coz nobody else will hire me. In SG, I can jump from discipline to discipline without fear coz someone will definitely take me in. But I know being too senior can be a problem. Dolly is having a hard time finding another job becoz her salary range is too high. My salary range is even higher, so perhaps me too, will have problems finding jobs if I'm still in SG.

Lack of security though, keeps me on my toes, always thankful for another day of income, thankful that I can still manage to stay here. Hubs still haven't found a job. It's the usual emails that say "Sorry, you're not successful on this attempt." J suggested getting a forklift license. The 2 days course cost $550 & I know hubs. He won't even spend $10 getting proper food so why will he spend $550 on something that can't even guarantee a job?

It's Sat but I've been awake for an hour. Your body gets used to waking up at a certain time & you just can't sleep in even if you want to. I shall go bake some cinnamon rolls then. It's a craving brought on by James Patterson's book. Seems that warm, sticky cinnamon buns are "the best" breakfast made by Alex Cross's Nana Mama. Yep, I love them too.

No comments:

Post a Comment