Thursday 7 August 2014

Weaning Off GPS

Like, finally! It's not like I need it for some time now. But like a child who outgrew his/her security blanket but insists on keeping it, I found myself clipping the GPS to my windscreen before my journey to work & back home. I don't need it, I just like having it there. Finally, I told myself enough is enough & proceeded to wean myself off it.

I didn't go cold turkey. Instead, I muted the GPS yesterday on the drive back home so even if I didn't look at the screen, I wouldn't get verbal prompting. But in the event that I did get lost, I still can refer to it. Of course, I didn't need it. It was a hot day yesterday. (Well, hot to me at least.) As I was approaching the petrol kiosk near home for a top up, the mounting, together with the GPS fell off. I think it was the heat that caused the suction cup to fail.

This morning on the journey to work, I repeated the tactic. Nope, I still didn't need to refer to the navigation. I drove home without the GPS for the 1st time today & I'll do without for the drive to work tomorrow. So there! I finally weaned myself off the GPS for work trips.

No comments:

Post a Comment