Tuesday 23 September 2014

Caught A Bug

I realised I left out some more details but I was too sick yesterday to update my blog. I slept early on Sunday night & developed severe nausea at 12 mn, followed by bodyaches that kept me mostly awake. I contemplated skipping work coz the pain was so bad I couldn't even sit up. But I took synflex, the only painkiller I have at home & went to work anyway. While at work, I took 2 different types of anti emetics for my nausea when the 1st type didn't work. Then I took another 2 different types of painkillers. Even then, I still had aches everywhere. I think if I didn't take any, I probably won't even be able to maintain an upright position.

Anyway, we were instructed by the gardener to just mow the crab grass down right? You know what the landlord suggested? He wanted us to get Round Up in gel form & apply it on the blades of the grass 1 by 1. When it dies, we should pull them out 1 by 1. (Round Up gel is a type of weed killer that works when you apply it to the leaves of the weeds. Becoz it's applied only to the weeds, surrounding grass won't die.) I'm going to post a picture of the back lawn so you can see how unreasonable the request is. They insisted we get a gardener in to advise us on the crab grass. But after we've done that, they insisted that we follow their method instead of the gardener's. Then why get the gardener in the 1st place?

He kept saying it wouldn't have come to this if we had taken care of the weeds in the 1st place. We've moved in for 4 months only. I did the weeding but how was I to know I should get rid of the crab grass along with the weeds? We've never encountered weeds in our lives. We did the best we can, even hiring a gardener as per requested. Hubs is livid. He wanted me to ask when they're coming again coz he wanted to make sure he's at home to talk to them. But knowing him, he may lose his cool & things may turn ugly.

I know from my Buddhist studies that difficult circumstances polishes our lives. I'm trying my hardest not to let anger rule me & to just concentrate on the problem. But it's really hard. 1 thing for sure, we're out of here the moment our lease ends.

So there. How do you propose that I apply Round Up gel to every single 1 of these crab grass?

5 comments:

  1. Seriously, don't bother. You're his tenant, not free labour. If he's not happy he could engage someone to do apply the gel or better still do it himself. Don't let him bully you. He is not allowed to hassle you over some bloody weeds! Hope you get well soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually I think it may well be easier than u think, much easier than weeding them. I have the gel. U don't have to hold each leave up to apply, just brush on the leaves of the unwanted, and no need on all the leaves. How effective, I won't know on the kind of crap grass u have. Once they are dead, they are easy to pull out. Can't remember which but either Coles or Woolies have offer at $10. Need help, let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, but take care of your health 1st!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Correction. Bunnings sale better @ A$8.98.

    ReplyDelete
  5. No worries. I'm fully recovered. Thanks for the offer but I prefer to settle it ourselves. Don't wanna trouble you over what is our problem.

    ReplyDelete