Wednesday 3 September 2014

Weed Woes

Landlord came to mow the lawn today. They don't have to do it but they were kind enough to do it, else I'll be either doing it myself or hiring someone to get it done. Knowing that the lawn's overrun by weeds, I asked (via FB) if I can use Weed n Feed (as suggested by J). But they felt the weeding chemicals will kill the lawn & they would mow the lawn then let me know.

I feel that they were unhappy with the state of the lawn & told me that I will need to get the weeds under control & that the lawn is not thriving becoz of the weeds. I was told to hire a gardener to get the weeds problem fixed.

I'm gonna have to ask my colleague for recommendation as she gets someone to do it once in a while. I hope it's not going to cost me an arm & a leg. Back when I wasn't working, I'll spend time pulling them out 1 by 1 on a daily basis. But now I can only do it on the weekend & there's absolutely no way I can keep up with the growth. It takes me more than an hour to clear a tenth of the back lawn.

Oh well... if it has to be done, it has to be done. Just feeling kinda lousy not becoz of having to spend the money but becoz I feel that I've failed. It's alright. I'll never allow myself to be defeated. I'll bounce right back soon enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment