Wednesday 10 September 2014

Too Much Too Fast

I knew something was not right when I couldn't even grip my toothbrush properly this morning. I don't need a doctor to tell me that I've got repetitive stress injury. I can't squeeze toiletries bottles for shampoo or shower gel. Thankfully I still can write & scrub.

I probably overdid the weeding with 12 hours over 4 days. Well, I'll be getting 2 days break coz I worked late today & will be again tomorrow. Can't be weeding when it's all dark out right? I looked out the backyard yesterday & was horrified to see that the weeds have grown several inches since my landlord mowed the lawn 6 days ago. I'm not joking. They were flushed against the ground after the mowing last Wednesday & they're at least 6 inches tall as of yesterday afternoon. I feel like crap coz I know this is not something I can get solved no matter how many more hours I put into pulling out the weeds manually.

I'm so so so damn tempted to just get Weed n Feed. A colleague gave me the number to a guy who does her lawn. So I'm currently on the queue to have my lawn assessed. I'm definitely not stopping him if he wants to spray weed killers on the lawn. As hubs say, who are we to tell the gardener how to do his job?

4 comments:

  1. I find cuoch grass tends to have more weeds, had your problem at our previous rental. Weeds were just growing much faster than I can get them out! Hang in there, and make sure you get them out by the roots. Have a solution for your squatting, kneeling problem I found useful. I bought a 4 piece rubber mat which cn be put together like a jigsaw puzzle type to make it a big square. I only use one piece so far to sit or kneel on the grass which is much cleaner and more comfortable. You can have one of the 3 pieces I have as extra, if you want. Just let me know.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the offer but we've decided to heed the gardener's advise to just mow off the crab grass since it'll die off by itself in summer. So now we've learnt our lesson. Don't rent a place with lawn & always go through agent in case of disputes. Sighz.

      Delete
  2. When u have a dog, it is better to have lawn but yes, agree with going through agent. Well, gardening is not an easy job as many may think. Takes a lot of time and effort to just maintain a green and lush lawn. However, to be able to do it brings a lot of satisfaction.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't even let my dog on the lawn. Coz if he pees I have to flush the area with copious water so the spot doesn't turn brown. I bring my dog to the park instead. But the neighbour's cats & dog does pee on it so i still get brown spots though. Lol. So basically the lawn is useless to us.

      Delete