Tuesday 2 September 2014

Milestone: 4 Months In Perth

4 months, a third of a year. I honestly didn't expect us to last this long. We're more or less settled in now. In the 4 months, we've experienced 3 seasons. Coming in autumn, all through winter & now spring. I miss meeting up with my girlfriends, I miss Puggy, I miss steamboat. Lol. Of course, I'm still daydreaming about having my parents over for a visit. 

I've kept myself busy tending to the herbs I'm growing. My initial success with basil, chives & coriander (rosemary's sprouting though very slowly) encouraged me to increase my variety of herbs to 8. I've just added mint, dill, thyme & sage to my collection over the weekend. I also bought a single piece of chilli for 64 cents just for the seeds to grow chilli. We didn't waste the chilli though, slicing it up & dumping it into our tom yum soup that night.

We bought a BBQ & it took the both of us 2 hours to fix up on Sunday. We'll put it to use soon enough. It's hub's birthday very soon. He doesn't want anything other than having a BBQ at home.

My daily dates with James Patterson has kept me away from writing or checking my emails, something I really must do soon. But once I got started on a book of his, I can't stop until I finish it. Then I'm off to the next & the cycle repeats itself.

2 comments: