Thursday 25 September 2014

Long Long Weekend

We don't have a list tomorrow & Monday's a PH which means extra long weekend. Hubs has to work tomorrow so I'm going to resume working on the weeds again.

I haven't done anything to the weeds coz hubs made me promise I won't work on it for a few days until I'm fully recovered. The break makes me nervous coz I don't like procrastinating something that I've been given a deadline on. But we had a huge row over this problem 2 weeks ago & I just felt nothing is worth damaging our relationship for. I understand where he comes from. He doesn't want me to work so much on the lawn coz I had that repetitive stress injury & severe back pain from pulling out the weeds manually previously. (The back pain was from an old sprain I sustained few years ago while at work & remaining in the same position for a period as short as 30 mins causes me pain.)

The grub killer has been in since last Sunday. But I can't really tell if it's working since I haven't been out on the lawn. I'll mow the crab grass down with our newly bought mower & work on the garden bed. Hubs has been clearing the garden bed a little at a time for the past 2 days. What we discovered is that the mulch that the landlord put in before we moved in is so thin that they're barely there. That's probably why there's so much weeds also coz I've been told the mulch not only serves as a deterrent for the sand to be blown all over the place, it also prevents weeds. So we got to top up the mulch. This is turning out to be really costly. I'm sure what we spent on the lawn is our 2 months worth of grocery money. But let's just get it done.

Been chanting about this problem. Through chanting, I can see why we reacted so strongly. Becoz the landlord didn't make requests. They made demands & (I won't say everybody but) most people don't appreciate demands. I did say that we'll try to pull out the crab grass once they're dead coz it'll be easier. Then he asked me what do we intend to do about the holes left behind. Without waiting for an answer, he wanted me to get the couch seeds to pour into the holes 1 by 1 to regrow the couch there. (I was told the couch will grow back anyway which is what happened to the front lawn that I manually did the weeding on.) I intend to get it anyway for areas that can't be saved. Anyway, I did manage to find enough peace to pray for them. I shall try my very best not to be too affected regardless of what they say when they come down. Coz I know this problem can be settled. We just need time for everything to work. Even if they continue to put pressure on us, some things just can't be rushed.

No comments:

Post a Comment