Thursday 19 March 2015

Lawn Update

Yesterday, for the 1st time this year, I had to switch on my headlights for both the drive to work & back home. It was a wet & gray morning, just the way I like it. On days like these, I don't desire to stay snuggled up in bed. Rather, I want to be outside, taking in the sights. The wet road, leaves hanging limp from the moisture, lights from the cars. I'm such a weirdo.

I've been working late for the past 2 weeks, arriving home past 7 pm almost everyday. I've been combating that by keeping to my 8 hours of sleep. It'll be another fortnight of madness as we head back for a visit, having my parents over & getting ready to move. There'll be lots of packing, lots of cleaning & probably lots of chucking.

The lawn, though not perfect, is looking great. Last Sat, as usual, I woke up at 6 am. A still sleepy hubs volunteered to drive me to Bunnings when he woke up to see me getting dressed & ready to head out. I heard many good testimonies about using manure as a fertiliser so I wanted to make a last ditch effort for the lawn. I think he probably regretted it for the stench filled his car & winding down the windows didn't help much. Lol.

Before the storm came in, I mixed up sheep & chicken manure in a bucket & applied it to the front lawn which is still patchy. It attracted a lot of flies & I could smell it from far away. But once the rain came down, the smell was gone. Might be my wishful thinking, but I thought the grass looked better than pre-manure already. I'll apply it to the back lawn (& probably another application to the front lawn as well) early next week so it'll have 2 weeks to work its magic. 3 more weeks to go. Be good & stay green & healthy. I want my bond back. It's such a waste though. All that effort & money making it look good & I can't take it with me when I move. Oh well, at least I rode the ride & gave it my best shot.

28th Jan 2015. Front lawn. Taken after getting pest control to spray the lawn for lawn beetles. This was the extend of the damage caused by the beetles.










15th March 2015. Front lawn. Taken just before I applied the mixed manure. Organic 1 somemore ok? Don't play play.











19th March 2015. Front lawn. Taken just today, 4 days after application of manure. Yellow areas have greened up & the gaps closed up even more.











28th Jan 2015. Back lawn. Same as front lawn, taken just after the lawn was sprayed for beetles. Not only have I got multiple brown patches, I've got huge bald areas too.










19th March 2015. No manure applied yet but will do so either tomorrow or early next week. Lawn mowed by gardener Nix & gardener hubs. Lol. Brown patches gone, bald patches have shrunk tremendously due to regrowth of grass.










Nah. Evidence that I really bought & applied organic shit to the lawn. 

2 comments:

  1. You've done really well. The lawn is so lush and green now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow :) the lawn looks so cushy to roll ard and sit on.

    ReplyDelete