Monday 2 March 2015

Milestone: 10 Months & The Arrival Of Autumn

We survived our 1st summer! Well, almost. By astronomical definition, autumn is marked by the day of autumn equinox which falls on 20th March this year. We've been told by everyone that this is by far the most mild summer they've ever encountered. Absent this year were the 10 day stretches of temperatures above 40. Already, the daily maximum temperatures are in the low 30s & nights are chilly enough to warrant the use of the flat sheet I use as a blanket.

Hubs just reminded me of the fact that we should be expecting Masterchef Australia to be screening soon as the 1st episode for last year aired on 3rd May. Without realising it, we're just 2 months away from our 1st anniversary here. It is today that I finally got my hands on the adult Groot bobble head figurine & therefore, completed my "collection". Like many others who watched Guardians Of The Galaxy, I found Groot really cute in the scene where he smashed a dozen or so enemies against the wall then turn around to give his team a cheesy grin, or right at the end where baby Groot was dancing to the tune of Jackson 5's I Want You Back. But Groot holds a deeper meaning for me. Groot is the embodiment of what I've learnt. He said at the end of the movie that, "We are groot." Meaning that we, regardless of race or religion are one & same, that we are all interconnected. He was smashed into smithereens for protecting his comrades but he didn't perish. Rocket stuck a branch into a pot & from it baby Groot grew, dancing & smiling away. That's the way we should approach life.

I told hubs about this plan I have to tour the countryside. Going away for days at a go is complicated by the fact that we have a dog. Boarding costs a bomb here. Sure, we can leave Ton Ton with friends but we really don't want to impose on others as far as we can help it. Driving hundreds & hundreds of kilometers in our less than road worthy cars is not exactly smart. Renting 1 means additional cost. If we choose to bring Ton Ton on the trip, we'll have to find accommodations that allow dogs. So I came up with this idea of renting a camper van. I did a search & they have a variety of sizes & types. A trailing caravan means we need to have a vehicle to tow it along. But they have the types we see in movies where the back compartment of the van is the "living quarters" itself. So we can bring Ton Ton along & spend nights in caravan parks. Immediately, hubs asked me, "So when are we leaving?" Probably the next long weekend or my next plotted leave. Guess I better start planning.

No comments:

Post a Comment