Thursday 6 November 2014

Sucker For Punishment

I've come to deduce that that's what I am. I was quite affected previously about my poly friends going on in our group chat on Whatsapp but didn't acknowledge me.

1 of them mentioned she ran into our lecturer from NYP today. I wanted to brush off the previous time as a 1 off incident, as me being too sensitive. So I thought I'll reply. Same thing happened. The 2 of them had an ongoing chat while ignoring what I've replied. I don't even know why I bother. I feel like such a fool.

Nothing lasts forever. Neither good things nor bad things (thankfully). Guess this is it. Thank you for the good times we had.

3 comments:

  1. Rem this is the reason why you left Singapore. We've become an extremely realistic and materialistic society where nobody is nice to anybody unless that person has an ulterior motive. You're not alone in feeling that way. On the last day of my notice period, all the "good pals" in my company didn't even bother to send me off. The only people whom gave me a farewell hug and saw me to the door were surprisingly people I've not bothered to hang out with. Since that incident, I've come to acknowledge the fragility of human relationships, and put my energies into preserving the ones that really matter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi

    Been reading your blog after the link from asingaporeanson.

    Jia you! Don't be affect by your friends. Times will show you who are your real friends.

    U can try download the app Dayre. Its a app for blogging on the go. Lot of positive vibes inside. Very interactive too.

    You are a brave girl. You know what you want in life.

    Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi hi,

    This is Cagey - I also came here through asingaporeanson. We moved to Melbourne last year. Being nearly mid-40s, I can tell you that I'm glad these days I have fewer but more quality, truer friends. We don't really need so many "friends", in truth.

    I can understand your uneasiness in this new place. After all, Singaporeans are conditioned to be suspicious and mind your own business. Now that we have chosen to get out of our comfort zone, it's time to bring it to another level - to communicate openly with the locals! Here in Melbourne, I would strike up conversations with strangers once in a while and I generally find them to be warm and nice (rather than patronizing). Get out of your comfort zones and learn that there is really warmth in this world!

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete