Sunday 2 November 2014

不知不觉已过了半年

On this day 6 months ago, we landed in Perth. While there's nothing much going on today, I felt this milestone deserves a post. For several weeks, I felt lost. I didn't even have the mood to do what it is I love most - baking. I read still, but only becoz I didn't have anything else to do to pass time.

I felt better from the social interaction at P & J's pot luck. But I still felt like something is missing. Today's the 1st Sunday of the month, hence, there's a commemorative meeting at Soka Centre. The bring home message today is to keep pushing ahead. We fluctuate between the 10 worlds & if we find ourselves in the lower paths, instead of falling into despair,  we should remain firm in faith, take 1 step at a time till we emerge victorious.

I regained the urge to bake once again & I've been baking non stop over the weekend. A tiny progress but 1 nonetheless. I'm making a roast pork belly (recipe by Jamie Oliver) & the smell wafting through the house is just heavenly. A mini feast for hitting our 6 months milestone.

2 comments:

  1. We have been reading your blog for a while. I have never left a comment before but felt a need to comment on this particular blog entry. Congrats on your half-year accomplishment. Sorry to hear you felt bit lost. Wish you find happiness and peace.

    P.S. We are looking for a place to rent. After reading your weed problem, now I have phobia of garden grass

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh dear, I hope I haven't frighten you with my weeds problem. At the moment it's not just the weeds but the increasing daily temperature that's causing the lawn to turn brown. I will say if you can, avoid a rental with lawns to save yourself the trouble. Good luck to you too!

      Delete