Monday 11 April 2016

Jazz Is In

After changing the appointment for Jazz's repairs 3 times, I finally successfully brought it in on Friday after work. The repairer only opens Mondays to Fridays, 8 am to 4 pm. I just couldn't make it. Not with the hours I put in. After dropping off Jazz, they arranged for a complimentary taxi trip to the car hirer.

After some paper work, the lady pointed out the window & told me that will be my car for the next 1 week. Immediately, I thought, "Holy sh*t!" I couldn't tell from inside what car it was as I could only see the roof, only that it was tall & long. I went out & discovered that they had given me a Mitsubishi Outlander. It had these big ass side mirrors which didn't occur to me that they would be a problem until later.

I adjusted the rear view & side mirrors, pulled the seat all the way forward so I could reach the paddles. Feeling somewhat stressed, I drove off. It was an unfamiliar car & I didn't know the route home. I had to watch the road, sneak peaks at the GPS & make sure I kept the car in the dead center of the lane. I discovered the problem when I came to the 1st roundabout. I realised that the big ass side mirror was completely blocking my entire view & I couldn't check for traffic coming from the right. Somehow, I managed to get home safely. Once parked safely in front of the house, I had a look & found the lever to jack the seat higher up. I made sure my line of sight is completely above the side mirror.

I thought it would take a while to get used to a bigger car. But surprisingly, it came naturally. I'll just need to drive it for another 4 days before I get Jazz back. Can't wait to see the "finished product".

1 comment: