Friday 22 January 2016

都说我是 Accident Magnet 了

Sighz... Yup, I got rear ended again. This time with my brand new Jazz that's not even 2 months old. I stopped for a red light. When the light turned green, we all started moving off. The car in front stopped & so did I. But the car behind didn't. My bumper had scratches but the most damage was to my boot. It's sort of dented in a few places. The damage is not as extensive as Lancer though. Anyway, even if it is, they won't write off a brand new car that can be repaired in several thousand dollars. 3 hits in 20 months. Ain't I the accident magnet?

I've tried my best. But no amount of being careful can prevent others from hitting me, only me from hitting them. I don't speed, I don't tailgate & even when stopped, I always ensure I'm 1 car length away from the vehicle in front (just in case they roll back). I'm usually on the main road & when I approach an intersection & there's a car waiting to turn out, I never fail to take my foot off the accelerator. This is so if they do decide to turn out at the last possible second, I have a much higher chance of stopping in time. It worked coz I've prevented myself from crashing into such drivers multiple times. If the car in front has the brake lights on, my foot is off the accelerator even though I am very far away coz you just never know if they'll suddenly brake hard. I've already employed defensive driving techniques but like I said, I can only reduce the chances of me being at fault.

It's gonna be troublesome coz all these workshops operate weekdays only & I'm working everyday. It'll mean having to take a day off from work to send my car in for assessment & another day to pick it up. Oh well, maybe good fortune is awaiting me. Haha. The 1st time I was rear ended was when we were 4 weeks old in Perth. I stopped to give way to cars on the main road (I was wanting to turn left from a slip road) & the lady said her foot slipped off the brakes. That was the Lancer that got written off as the entire boot was smashed in. 1 week later, I was contacted for an interview & I started work the following week. 2nd time was in Sept 2014, when we've arrived in Perth for 4 months. I was driving on the main road, this car didn't check for oncoming traffic (which was me) & just turned out, hitting me on the left rear of Eba. She was a P plater without insurance. My manager told me that she was increasing my part time hours to 30 hours per week from 20 becoz she felt I was very good in my work. Of course, she passed my probation. 3rd time now, with Jazz. Hmm... looks like every single car I've driven since I got here has been hit.

When I sat down for dinner with hubs while watching DVD & the dogs both had their heads on my lap, I'm thankful that I get to live another day. That I get to enjoy the company I have. Even though I haven't done anything great in my life, I've been well loved. Just for this fact, my life has not been in vain. We don't know when we'll die, only that we're alive right now & there's much to be grateful for.

2 comments:

  1. Bad luck, but never mind, could be much worse. At least you're not injured.

    ReplyDelete