Saturday 23 January 2016

Neglected Growth

I woke up in the middle of the night & couldn't get back to sleep. That was when I wrote the Feeling Tired post. After that, I spent sometime reiki-ing myself, doing meditative breathing that I learnt in yoga & chanted in my heart. It was a while later before I finally drifted back to sleep.

I won a pair of movie pass for Hoyts cinema group for buying Jazz, a lucky draw I didn't even know I had been entered into. Hubs managed to find out that Ip Man 3 is showing at Carousel & hence, we made plans to go today. We hardly ever go to the south since we live up north.

When we got there, I was shocked. Everywhere I turn, I saw people of asian descend. While we do see asians in the shopping centres we frequent in the north, it's incomparable to the numbers in Carousel. Perhaps it's becoz of the huge number of Chinese living in the Cannington region, Ip Man 3 is being shown there. It definitely isn't showing in Midland. But we also managed to find this shop that sells Taiwanese desserts. I ordered a serve of my favourite 粉圆.

Towards the end of the movie, after winning a fight, Donnie Yen acting as Ip Man said to his opponent, "Actually, what is important are the people around you." It can't be more true. Perhaps my focus now should be making improvements as a wife & mom to my furkids.

I also came to the realisation that my spiritual growth has been neglected & that was what led to me feeling lost & detached. I lost that sense of peace that is so important to me. So to recover that inner peace, I have to go on a spiritual journey. More meditation, more study, more reflection.
Lunch in the food court. Greedy me. In the end, hubs ate half of this plus his own bowl of laksa.
My favourite! Fen yuan!

No comments:

Post a Comment