Saturday 9 January 2016

Out Of The Obese Range

2 weeks break, back injury, eating as I wish saw me put on 1 kg post holiday period. I was actually surprised that I didn't put on more considering the amount I ate. What really surprised me more is that I've already lost the 1 kg I put on plus 1, at the end of the 1st week back to work. That puts my BMI at exactly 25.0. But as we all know, from an Asian descend, anything 23.0 & above is considered overweight. I need to lose another 5 kg before I hit a BMI of 22.9. But like I mentioned before, the weight is not as important to me as the body fat percentage.

I took both charts off the S Health app from my phone. I'm not sure if Asians have a different range. But I'm working towards fitness level in terms of fat percentage, which means between 21.0 to 24.9%. As of today, I finally dropped to 31.6% which means I'm out of the obese range. At my heaviest many years ago, I had a body fat percentage of 39.9%. It is shocking that almost 40% of my body is made up of fats. Now that I'm older, I must really begin to take care of my health. 

I've been to the gym twice this week. But I haven't been able to do much as I fear injuring my back further. Instead of jogging, I used the eliptical machine. My stamina definitely have gone down tremendously. So I got to work my way up again. My plan is to continue to work on my arms & put more time into yoga. Progress at 3 months, muscle gain of 2.4%, fat loss of 5.3% & weight loss of 6.9 kg.

No comments:

Post a Comment