Friday 11 July 2014

10 Weeks

What a better way to complete our 10 weeks in Perth than to attain another "milestone"? I'm having a day off today as there were only 2 cases & my CNM asked the surgeon to cancel them as "we're not coming in just for 2 cases". Wow. Try telling that to surgeons in SG. I'm down to my last week of pills & I need a prescription for it. I only brought 3 months worth of it with me to Perth as that's the maximum amount allowed into the country. Tried my luck getting an appointment online with the medical centre just 5 mins walk away & I found the 1 & only slot at 2.15 pm. I arrived at 2 pm, handed over my Medicare card for the details to be entered into their system, called in to be seen in about 5 mins & was back home by 2.20 pm. That was really fast.
Nix called in the morning, asking if hubs can work as a driver for a week, starting immediately. He grabbed the chance, saying a week of wages is better than nothing. I told him to do a good job & maybe Nix's boss will decide to hire him. Lol. Nah, I'm sure it's becoz the usual driver got sick or something. Thanks, Nix, for thinking of us.
Home alone, I got some cleaning out of the way. Vacuumed the floor, washed the dishes, changed the sheets. I even tidied the wardrobe. The only shelf is on top & all our clothes that don't require hanging goes up there. But whenever I need something, I pull 1 item & many more comes falling down. So on our Ikea trip, we bought a hanging wardrobe organiser each. Now the shelf holds luggage & other bulky items that were previously sitting on the floor of the wardrobe. Looks so much neater now. I never bothered in SG but somehow being here makes me more responsible for the cleanliness & tidiness of the house. Maybe I'll go get some weeding done later. My lawn's been overrun.
Yesterday, the anaesthetist was asking me the usual questions. Where was I from? Did I work in the theatre in SG as well? I said I did & it was an eye theatre. He said (not his exact words but something to that effect), "No wonder you're so good at your work! You really showed these girls up. You need to take it slow or they'll feel threatened." He said it in a joking manner but I wonder if there's some truth in it? Are the other staff feeling threatened by me? From my perspective, I just want to quickly learn up my work so I can be an independent & efficient worker. If I keep making mistakes they'll be really pissed off with me right? But the reason why I picked up fast is becoz the work is familiar to me. Besides, I haven't even started scrubbing yet. So maybe I'll really suck at it? I don't know how to slow down. If you know something, you know it. How do I act blur? Hmm... maybe I shall ask people who've been here a while.

1 comment:

  1. This could be one component of the putative "local experience" so often mentioned in job ads here,eg The "Top Poppy Syndrome". Will be good if you are aware of its 'sign and symptom', possible remedy or management protocol, just like you would for any other 'ailments' that come with the territory !

    ReplyDelete