Friday 18 July 2014

11 Weeks: 1 Month In My Job

It's Friday once again. I started work at 7 am today. So I left home 30 mins earlier than I usually do. I listened with disbelief when the DJ on the radio reported that another Malaysian Airline plane had crashed in Ukraine, supposedly shot down by a missile. People in this age are taking lives too lightly. We're taking actions to the extreme end. We need to learn to be accepting of others regardless of our differences. We may not see eye to eye, we may not agree. But we need not take to violence to force the other party to yield. To achieve & sustain world peace, we must start with ourselves.
I started work last 17th of the month with an orientation. Yesterday marked my 1st month in my new job. It's been a while now but everytime I get to Wednesday, I felt that the week has flown by. Till date (keeping fingers crossed), I've not dreaded going to work at all. I will & do so on a daily basis tell myself, "I wish I can sleep a little longer." That's all it is. In fact, I felt quite relaxed, leaving home early with extra time to spare, sitting down & having toast at my workplace (company issued) before I start work.
I was attached at Central Sterilised Supply Department (CSSD) today. I got the hang of it pretty quickly though to be independent I'll need more time to familiarise what instruments are in what sets. There're 2 staffs permanently placed in CSSD so this is more for ticking off my orientation checklist than training me to work there.
Several (if not all judging from the fb posts) of my friends are extremely unhappy in their jobs. My closest friends are depressed, lack morale & dread going to work every single day. Pretty much as I did when I was still in SG. I have no encouragements to give for I have long given up on the hope that things will improve. To tell them everything will be alright is bullsh*t they needn't hear.
For the 1st time in 2.5 months, I'm finally having money going into the separate savings account. My 1st pay for the 2 weeks I worked in June came in on the 15th. Though it's only enough for 1 month's rent & possibly enough for expenses up till next pay day, hubs offered me $430 from his pay "to pay for rent" which I've decided to put into my savings account instead. I've got only 25% of the initial amount I brought with me to Perth left. I need to build up the amount again. I hope hubs can successfully get a job soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment