Thursday 24 July 2014

Developing Hobbies

Ah Ton is in need of a shower. His last shower was 4 weeks ago. I shower him way less often in SG but the heat & humidity masks the smell. Here, the air is cold & fresh, accentuating his stench. In his defence, he doesn't stink as badly as Puggy does. I like the way he smells but it won't be too pleasant for guests if I have any.

I wanted to write a short story of an abandoned dog trying to find its way back to its owner. But it was too close to my heart & drew too much emotions. When I was a teen, I wrote a lot of stories. I tried to pick it up again but non fiction  eludes me. I have no original ideas other than the dreams I do remember. Even then, my dreams had no endings & a story won't be complete without a good plot. I might work on an interesting dream I had though. Right now, I'm trying to finish reading the 4 James Patterson books I borrowed from the library that due in 2 weeks.

The soap making items that I ordered online has finally arrived & I just picked the parcel up from the post office in the morning. I shall get on it 1st thing tomorrow. Hoping hard that it'll be a success as the ingredients are too expensive to foil.

While I'm keeping myself busy, hub's temporary stint at Nix's work place is coming to an end. It's as though we're back to where we started with him not wanting to eat or buy groceries becoz he's "got no money". While I've been putting in hours sufficient to sustain us for the time being, I may not be required to work everyday once I pass my probation. I'm getting lots of hours now as I'm still on orientation to learn up the work. So yeah, everything's still really uncertain at this stage & I don't feel secure as yet. Hubs has been applying for jobs but it's the same thing all over again. "Thank you for your interest in the postion of blah blah blah. Sorry, you're not successful on this account." I'll see how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment