Tuesday 22 July 2014

1st Scrub

I was trying to add tags to my older post & hit "publish" to update it. Perhaps I should have used the save function instead. It moved my Ikea post up to the top & messed up the sequence. Oh well.
It was a wet wintery morning with warning of possible hail. I started work at 8 am instead of my usual 7.30 am, hence I got to sleep half an hour more. The sky was starting to turn light as I left home at 6.30 am. I felt in my soul that today was going to be a special day. As I drove along Beechboro road, all I could see was gray blue sky. I couldn't stop marvelling about how beautiful it was. It was definitely a change from the pitch dark that I always drive in. I could see the houses & trees along both sides of the road. In my head, I went, "Oh, so that's how this road looks like." (I take a different route home.)
Work started off like it always did. Arrived half an hour early, had toast before I kicked off. Halfway through the morning list, my CNM came out to recovery, asking me to scrub for the afternoon list. My colleague in theatre will do the Phacos & 1 of the extra ocular cases just to show me what instruments the surgeon uses. I was to scrub the remaining 5 extra ocular cases solo. I was quite nervous during the 1st case, afterall, it was my 1st scrub in half a year, in a different hospital. By the 3rd case, I was back in my element. Glad to know that despite not having scrubbed for 6 months, I've still got it.
So I guess my 6th sense was somewhat spot on, that today's gonna be a special day. On a side note, retraining Ton to be outdoor trained had its flaws. Now that he's used to doing his business outdoors, he refuses to do it indoors. He's in not used the pee tray I've prepped for him even once. It was raining last night & it took forever to get Ton to pee. He refused to step out of the house. When he finally did, he ran back in the moment the 1st drop of rain hit his body. I stood outside in the drizzle with him until he finally went. Repeat telecast this morning but he took lesser time compared to last night. Perhaps he'll eventually get used to peeing in the wet weather.

1 comment:

  1. This has to be a special day. No driving incident reported :)
    I am really happy you are finally getting into your elements at work.

    ReplyDelete