Monday 16 June 2014

Conquer Thy Fear

We didn't take the test drive to Nedlands today. Hubs came home at 4+ pm from training. We ended up going to The Good Guys before they close at 5.30 pm to get another GPS since we both will be driving. I have to reach by 8 am & I intend to leave at 6.15 am, giving myself almost an additional hour to get there.

Hubs managed to complete 52 gas meter readings in an hour, 10 up from Friday. His trainer asked him to try & aim for 70. He has been informed to go for induction on Wednesday. So I guess that means he got the job. It's tough work. He has to work in the chill of the morning, heat from noon & beyond. He has to walk heaps. But we're both just thankful to even have jobs.

I applied Rain-X to the windscreen of the Integra earlier this afternoon. Weather report says it'll storm tomorrow. It'll help repel rain & improve visibility. Given my terrible driving track record in Perth, I need everything I can to tip the scales in my favour. Yes, on the drive back, I was so busy looking out for traffic while making a right turn that I undershot & nearly turned into the opposite lane. I had to reverse on a cross junction, then correct my path.

I'm such a dangerous driver. I wonder where all my driving skills went. I totally suck. With each blunder I make, I become more fearful of driving. I don't know when I'll make a mistake that will A: crash the car, B: crash people's car or C: knock someone down. I'm gonna have to push myself out of my comfort zone & stop relying on hubs to drive me around. I need to get more drive time in. If I don't find courage to conquer my fear, I'll forever be held prisoner by it.

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello...was redirected here from Nix's. Dont worry...you will be alright. Come and enjoy the beauty of this wonderful country.Cheers and all the best from Jocelyn in Melb.

      Delete
  2. Hi Jo, i was directed to your blog by Nix.

    here's my previous email to him:
    http://asingaporeanson.blogspot.sg/2012/07/mr-ns-email.html

    i have some questions to ask you, do u mind if we discuss in private? my email is cannothear (dot) deeplake (at) gmail (dot) com

    ReplyDelete