Friday 27 June 2014

The Awkward Duckling

Me, the social misfit. My priority is to learn up my work, be the efficient & effective worker I want to be. But it's kinda awkward when I have nothing to say to my colleagues. They won't fail my probation just becoz I'm not sociable, will they?

I wonder how long it'll take me to get used to everything here. Not just the work & relationships but also my feelings about Perth. Will it 1 day start to feel like home to me? Or will it feel as foreign to me as it is now regardless of the duration that I've been here?

Now that I'm more familiar with my route, driving to work & back home is less of an agony. We only had 4 cases today so we were done by 11 am. Kind of a waste to spend 2 hours on the road just to work 3.5 hours. But I guess more hours is always better than less. I've only clocked in 26.5 hours this week compared to the 31 hours last week. Well, at least 1 hour from yesterday is on overtime rate.

Hub's home from work early today as well. Looks like it's going to be a frequent event that he gets home earlier than I do. Having to start at 7 am means he has to wake up at 5 am like I do. He actually said he'll go to bed after Masterchef, even earlier than I currently do. I make it a point not go to bed after 10 pm so I can get 7 hours of sleep. I've fallen into a daily routine & there's comfort in that. I get home around 6 pm most days, do my evening gongyo & shower. Fix dinner by 7.30 pm, just in time for Masterchef. In between commercials I'll fix up Ton's food, clean up after his mess & brush his teeth. But I can't go to bed straight after Masterchef coz I've got to wash the dishes & let Ton out.

I finally have a taste of what a working wife feels like. Her work doesn't stop when she knocks off from work. On my days off, I catch up on the rest of the chores. I can't imagine how working mothers (without maid) manage. Must be tough.

No comments:

Post a Comment