Sunday 1 June 2014

Sense Of Loss Once Again

I removed myself from my native country & put my parents through the sorrow of separation. Tomorrow, Ton Ton, everybody's favourite dog will be taken away by Pet Movers in preparation for his morning flight on Tuesday morning. They're sure to feel the pinch all over again. At this stage, I really really really wish I have the monetary means to bring my parents over. Stay for a week or 2.

I haven't been sight seeing. But I'll definitely bring them around. Let me indulge in a fantasy where money isn't a problem. I'll bring them to Rottnest Island, see the quokkas, take heaps of photos. I'll bring them to the various parks for short treks, tourist-y markets & vineyards to sample wines. My dad will love the nature, the quiet of Perth & the ability to grow your own veg in the backyard. My mom will find it boring without her drama series. Lol.

I must always keep in mind the reason why I'm here. I had enough of working my ass off & getting paid barely enough to stay afloat, the absence of work life balance all for what? Money that I can never access, HDB flat that's never really mine. I came here so I can earn enough to provide for my parents so they can live better even if they're in SG. I came here to live the life I wanted. I'm here to give it a shot. I don't know if I'll make it. Even if I don't & have to go back, I'll never view life in the same way again. But I'll sure as hell chant daimoku until I manifest the effects I want, until I craft the future I so desire.

No comments:

Post a Comment