Thursday 5 June 2014

Miraculous Happenings

Boy am I bushed. Left home at 8.30 am for my interview. GPS stated that it requires 50 mins to get there but after a couple of wrong turns & heavy traffic, we parked the car at 9.50 am, just 10 mins shy of my interview time.

On the drive there, I received a call from the insurance company asking us to bring the car down for assessment. I'm so terrible with people's accent over the phone. I got the address wrong & was frantically searching online for the correct address while worrying about my interview at the same time. In the end I gave up, thinking that I could call the main line for the address.

I couldn't tell what my chances of being hired are from the interview. But I think I'm the 1st of the entire lot as the closing date for application is today. I'll know by end of next week if I got the job. From the interview, I could tell that this is very similar to what I've been doing in SG. Scrub, circulating, recovery duties. I definitely hope my familiarity with this field will give me added advantage over the rest of the applicants.

After the interview, I called the insurer's main line. Initially they couldn't figure out who called me. The lady on the line said to bring it to the 1 I went to get quoted on, in my nwighbourhood. But the guy told me the assessing centre is in Victoria Park. Eventually, I was transferred to the claims department. Take a look at the address & you'll see how I got it wrong. I took the address down as Tilba Street, something that sounds like Wellsbrook in Victoria Park. The correct address is Pilbara Street, Welshpool. Gosh! But when I got there, meeting the guy face to face, I have absolutely no problem understanding him. There's just something about talking over the phone.

We were directed to a licensing centre to get documentary proof that the car is under our name, a document we don't have. We went to the nearest in Cannington only to be rejected becoz hubs didn't have his passport with him. Drove all the way back home, grabbed the passport & did this in Midland since it's along the way. Then drove all the way back to Welshpool to submit the document. By the time we got back to our neighbourhood, it was already almost 5 pm.

If we weren't asked to collect the fridge yesterday, we wouldn't have made it today at all & the lady leaves Perth for good tomorrow. No matter how many times it happen, the impeccable timing of how things fall into place never fail to amaze me. It's just as the picture I posted. Gohonzon's clock is never early or late. It always strikes on time.

No comments:

Post a Comment