Friday 13 June 2014

Friday The 13th: 6th Week Mark

It's just past midnight now. I was just reading my old entries from just before I left SG. Has it really been only 6 weeks? It certainly felt longer than that. We've lead a happening life. Lol. What stuck me most was the roller coaster of emotions I penned down. (Well, typed but penned is a more beautiful word to use.) From excitement to dejection to determination.
Ton will be released from quarantine between 8.30 to 10.30 am. Dropped an email to Pet Movers asking when can I expect Ton but didn't receive a reply. Urgh... I hope it goes on smoothly & I'll get to see him tomorrow. I'm just worried that there'll be hiccups. I don't even know if the flight to Perth has been booked for him & whether arrangements has been made for someone to check him out from quarantine. There're not many companies/businesses doing pet export. I chose Pet Mover coz they're $800 cheaper than Shiloh & they've been in this business for a long time, hence more experienced. I just wish I'm kept in the loop more.
Now on to the main part. It was a whirlwind of activities today. Wednesday, Jus messaged me on Whatsapp saying that she received a call from LEI (I listed her as my referee) & she's quite certain that I'll get the job. Basically, they verified with her what I told them during the interview. Jus told her that I have recovery experience, I'm independent when it comes to scrubbing & circulating & I had good rapport with my colleagues. This morning, I received an email from LEI's HR manager saying that she was unable to reach my 2nd referee & if I have other numbers or other referees I can provide. That induced frantic calls to SG, trying to reach some of my ex nursing managers. When I couldn't get them, I smsed them. (They didn't reply at all even till now btw.) Jus suggested I try Sr Tay & I did. She was at her desk so I managed to get her. She kindly agreed to help me & I gave her number to the HR manager. A short while later, I received the call I've been praying for, for an entire month. They're offering me the job!
When I set my prayers, I targeted 100k daimoku to be completed by tomorrow. 20 mins is roughly equivalent to 1k. It may sound like a huge number but believe me, there're many others doing many hours a day. This is considered quite little. Back in SG, I did like 10 mins of daimoku a day only. So pacing myself to do 1 hour a day (30 mins in the morning & evening) was initially a struggle to me. But in time, I got used to it. As I progressed through my chanting, I had this feeling that I should complete my 100k by today instead of on today. So I upped my daimoku sessions to 1 hour 20 mins a day for the entire week. I was still 40 mins short when my prayers were answered (as I've not done my evening gongyo plus daimoku). In Buddhism, we talk about winning. We practise so we can conquer life's struggles. I'll definitely continue to practise for self & others & be a candle that lights up the dark in people's life.

No comments:

Post a Comment