Tuesday 3 June 2014

Intuitive Ton

Called home yesterday afternoon to check if Ton has been taken away by Pet Movers. My dad said he didn't want to go & the guy had to carry him away. Dogs are really good at reading our emotions & body language. Perhaps he knew that he's being taken away, never to return. For he didn't exhibit this behaviour when they took him for his pre-export vet visits. I can only imagine how scared he was & still is. He must be on the plane now, en route to Melbourne. He's all alone in the airline carrier with loud engines roaring away. Later, he'll be kept in a kennel in isolation. Hang in there buddy! We'll reunite soon enough.

I can only hope he'll enjoy living with us here in Perth. He's small so the house will seem exceptionally big. I think he'll find it exciting, chasing my neighbour's cats from our lot. (They come around all the time.) I intend to retrain him to do his business outdoors. It isn't difficult actually & in fact it's much easier than to paper train. I just have to bring him out perhaps 3-4 times a day, with a pee tray to standby at home. (Just in case he needs to go in the middle of the night or for when we start working & there's nobody at home to bring him.)

There'll be another mouth to feed so it becomes more imperative that we land jobs soon. He's on BARF so I'll have to buy him meat, offal (thankfully that is affordable) & veg. I don't have a food processor yet so I'm gonna have to mince the veg by hand. I know Pedigree is cheap ($15 for a a big pack that can feed him for months). But I like to know exactly what goes into his stomach. Becoz his health & wellness is important to me. It is time consuming but if it's good for him, I'll do it.

Received an email informing me that Ton has arrived safely at the quarantine centre & that he's "quite nervous & a little uncertain". I laughed so hard when I read that coz it's totally him. He's release date is 13th June & I believe I'll get to see him that afternoon itself. Can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment