Monday 11 May 2015

Always In My Heart

Go ahead. Tell me off. I probably deserve it. I've already gotten a taste of it as depicted in my previous post, Sucker For Punishment. I found out that she was having a holiday with her friend & family in Sydney & Perth on FB. So I commented that if I knew she was coming to Perth, I would have met up with her. Shortly after, she texted me on whatsapp, saying that she was still in Perth & would fly back the next day. We were hosting dinner that day so I offered to meet her at the airport for a quick catch up the next day instead. She agreed.

Her flight was for 6.35 pm & I said I would be there at 4.30 pm since check in is usually 2-3 hours prior depending on the airline. Hubs had an eye test appointment made earlier in the week at 2.40 pm & we took off for the airport immediately after that at 3.30 pm. When I got there, I received a message from her that she had to check in. I made a dash from the carpark to the departure gate while texting her at the same time. It was 4.15 pm then. Then she told me that she was already at the customs clearance. I couldn't go in as it is for passengers only. We found out her flight was delayed to 7.35 pm. Hubs finally caught up with me & when I told him of the above, he said, "Why your friend like that? Didn't even wait a while." Check in may be early. But you don't have to be at the gate until 1 hour before departure for Scoot & 30 mins for most other airlines.

Hubs told me not to be upset coz I did the previous times. Surprisingly, I didn't feel upset. Perhaps it is 1 of those "it wouldn't hurt as much as it did before" thing. Most importantly, I felt I had done everything I could. I didn't let her down. So I didn't feel lousy like I did before. She told me that we could meet up when I go back to Sg. I know everyone will say don't even bother. But that's the way I am. I rather be let down than be the 1 letting people down. I will still contact her for meet up. If she can't, then so be it. 

Immediately after that, I saw she posted on FB, thanking her friends for their hospitality (I think they're in Sydney). So yeah, obviously I'm not of importance to her. On my part, I don't open up easily. But once I let you in, you're here to stay forever. Regardless of how much time has lapsed or how long we've not talked. Till now, I still think about a close primary school friend with whom I lost contact with almost 20 years ago. I will wonder how she is & whether she's well. I tried searching for her on FB but either she doesn't have an account or she's registered under a nick. That's me, that's who I am. Always caring too much for too long.

On the bright side, we didn't pay for parking at the airport. It was our 1st time parking there & the fees are very high. Free for the 1st 15 mins, $5 for up to 30 mins, $8.50 for up to an hour, $13.50 for up to 2 hours. Becoz she went ahead to clear customs without waiting for me, we managed to leave the airport within the 15 mins grace. Of course, we did spend 45 mins for the drive each way & hubs nearly crashed his car into the car in front on the way back. It was averted when he e-braked & drove onto the road shoulder. I didn't see what happened coz I was on the phone, looking at recipes. I was already planning for dinner. I think I'm pretty hard hearted coz I was supposed to feel upset. Lol.

It's alright. All the best to you. There'll always be a place in my heart for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment