Tuesday 5 May 2015

Sharp Drop

I woke from my slumber as the phone chirped out the alarm melody. It was 4 am & that was hub's alarm. I'm a side sleeper. Every night without fail, I go to sleep on my right. As with last autumn, I would wake up every single night multiple times to flip my blanket on & off like a prata. With my blanket, I sweat. Without it, I freeze. I could never find that fine balance needed to sleep through the night.

But for the 1st time this autumn, I did. I vaguely registered the fact that I had not woken up during the night & that I was still in the right lateral position. The previous night was colder than usual. So we decided not to switch on the fan like we normally do. I guess as the temperature dropped further during the night, it became cold enough for me not to get hot & sweaty.

When my alarm went off at 5 am, I reached over to switch it off. My phone automatically updated the temperature & I saw that it was 3°c, way below the forecasted minimum of 9°c. No wonder I slept so well! It went from low teens the previous day to just above zero. So for the 1st time this year, I switched the car heater on (feet only) coz I drive barefooted & my toes were freezing. As always, I'm looking forward to the approaching winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment