Friday 22 May 2015

Work At Home

I have the day off today as there's no list but I've already gone beyond my 30 hours a week in 4 days of work. Unfortunately, work never really does end. If I'm not working at work, I'm working at home.
Ton Ton woke me up at 6.30 am by pawing me incessantly. I had let him out just minutes ago to pee. So I couldn't figure out what he wanted. Maybe he wants to tell me that I'm late for work? Haha. I decided to bring him for a walk & where better to go than the bushland just at my door step? It took us an hour to make a round trip back home.

I called the ATO to update my address (yeah, I updated everything but forgot the ATO) immediately when I got back home. Then I got started on the panna cotta, recipe by Gordon Ramsay. On cooking contests, the panna cotta is like the most celebrated dessert. It needs to unmould perfectly & be able to do the jiggle when you shake the plate. So I wanted to try it for myself since the panna cotta I had in sg were all stiff & were served in their moulds.

While waiting for the mixture to cool, I read the same Patricia Cornwell novel I've been reading for 3 weeks now but ended up falling asleep. I'm going nowhere with it. 1 more week before my books are due & I've only finished half of the 1st novel. I woke up at 3 pm, having snoozed for 45 mins. I poured the mixture into the moulds & refrigerate them. Went for a shower & came out just in time to find hubs driving in. 

We went grocery shopping & I got ingredients for tiramisu. Heh. Already thinking of the next dessert. But I'm not getting any vibes for main meals. I'll see how it goes. We got some sweet pastry for $0.20 each box. Yes, you read it right. 20 cents. Originally at $3 each. It expires today but I'm sure it'll keep for another day. (That's how we keep expenses down.) We've been looking for the Vegemite chocolate for a while since it was featured on The Project. Hubs suggested looking for it in Woolies (we shop mainly at Coles). We were lucky to get a roast chicken from Woolies at $5 (half price) as it was baked 4 hours ago at 12.30 pm. Best of all, we found the Vegemite chocolate. Came home, watched Smurfs 2 on DVD while having our roast chicken dinner. That's our 简简单单的每一天.

Walk in the bushland at 7 am.
Vegemite chocolate. Erm... it's alright. Definitely kinda weird but not exactly disgusting like some people say it is.
Panna cotta with blueberry sauce. It jiggles but I think it's under set. Needs a bit more gelatine perhaps. The vanilla seeds are not evenly distributed, so not very visually appealing too.

No comments:

Post a Comment